Practitioners’ Day: November 14, 2018
A Foundation for Strength & Balance
Do you work with seniors and want to know more about preventing seniors falls? Join us for a free, full-day of learning and networking hosted in partnership by the Injury Prevention Centre and Alberta Health Services’ Provincial Injury Prevention Program.
Learn about specific types of strength and balance exercises that are proven to reduce falls risks. Walk away with program examples and strategies to support older adults to maintain an active lifestyle.
Our compelling line-up of speakers will shine a spotlight physical activity as a key strategy in falls prevention for seniors and older adults.
- Kathryn Coutts:Person-Centred Behaviour Change: Supporting Clients to engage in Strength and Balance Activities.
- Nora Johnston: Supporting Seniors to be Physically Active.
- Lesley McEwan : Challenging Balance & Building Strength the Bender Ball Way!
- Deanna Trzeciakowski: Using Telehealth to Eliminate Barriers to Falls Prevention Education.
- Monica Morrison: Move It or Lose It.
Interested in more information? Download the agenda here.
NEW LOCATION University of Alberta Hospital – Walter Mackenzie Centre – Dvorkin Videoconference Centre – Room 2G2.07 (Take the escalator to the 2nd floor) [view map]
University of Alberta
8:30 – 3:30 PM
Or attend online via TeleHealth