Have Your Medications Reviewed
It’s important to review your medications with your pharmacist or doctor at least once a year. For each of your prescriptions, over-the-counter-medications, vitamins, and supplements, discuss:
- What is the medication used for?
- Will it cause dizziness or drowsiness as side effects?
- Will it cause blurred or double vision?
- What should I do if I have side effects?
- Should I avoid alcohol or other foods and beverages?
- Be aware that medications that relax you, help you sleep, or improve your mood can increase the risk of falling.
- Always follow the instructions and doses when taking medications.
- Use only one pharmacy to fill your prescriptions.
- Keep a current medication list in your wallet and at home.
- Do not share prescription medications.
- Return expired medications to your pharmacist.
- Ask your pharmacist about pill-packs.