As you age, you tend to store less water in your body and experience less thirst. You may also be taking medications that make you lose water.
Signs of dehydration:
- Dry mouth or dry throat
- Dry eyes or decreased tears
- Dark-coloured urine
- Make time throughout the day to drink a glass of water.
- Drink at least 6-8 glasses of water or fluids every day.
- Drink a glass or two of water first thing when you wake up.
- Make water tasty by adding lemon, lime, or cucumber slices.
- Eat fruits and vegetables that contain a lot of water, like watermelon and celery.
- Stay in air-conditioned spaces, like malls, during heat waves.
- Wear a hat outside to keep your head cool.