As you age your health needs may change. You may take more than one medication, vitamin, or supplement to stay healthy.
It is important to review all your medications with your doctor or pharmacist.» What is the medication used for?
- Will it cause dizziness or drowsiness as a side effect?
- Will it cause blurred or double vision?
- What should I do if I have side effects?
- What should I do if I miss a dose?
- Should I avoid alcohol or other foods and beverages?
Take Action to Improve Your Medication Habits
- Be aware that medications that relax you, help you sleep, or improve your mood can increase your risk of falling.
- Always follow the instructions and doses when taking medications.
- Use only one pharmacy to fill your prescriptions.
- Keep a current medication list in your wallet and at home.
- Do not share prescription medications.
- Return expired medication to your pharmacist.
- Ask your pharmacist about pill packs.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist about all of your medications, vitamins, and supplements to lower your risk of a fall.